Wondering how to transition your hair from the colder months to the summer? The summer begs for light, fun styles and we have the perfect suggestions to keep your hairstyles easy and chic:
1. Prepare for frizz – Summer heat and humidity doesn’t do any favors for anyone. Plan ahead by purchasing a styling creme that will stop frizz before it starts. We suggest using Crack Hair Treatment to stop flyways and keep hair looking healthy and nourished.
2. Colored hair Extensions – A few strategically placed colored hair extensions add a fun, flirty twist to any hairstyle. And best of all, it won’t break the bank!
3. Wear Hair Long and Wavy – Wave makers with triple barrels are a great way to get that sexy tousseled beach hair you have always wanted. Follow this up with a homemade surf spray made from sunscreen, water, a bit of vodka, and some sea salt.
4. Low, Sleek Ponytail – Perfect for a night on the town, a sleek ponytail keeps an outfit from appearing to “done up”. We recommend running a hair smoothing treatment from the top to the ends of your hair to make it look extra crisp.
5. Loose, Side Braid – This care-free style is perfect for running errands, going to the gym, or for a day at the beach. It is a sexy yet effortless looking hairstyle to incorporate into your weekly hairstyles.
6. Wear a Hat – Not only do hats protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays, but it also protects your hair color from fading.
7. Messy Bun – On the go? No problem…a messy bun can be accomplished with a few spritzes of hairspray and a ponytail holder. To dress up your messy up-do, add a bejewled brooch or hair clip to the side of the bun.
8. Start fresh – Set aside the products you used for the winter and strat fresh with your summer haircare products. This will remove any product build up and willl nourish your hair better with the change in season.
9. Braided Chignon – Breathe new life into your style with this modern take on a classic style. Start by gathering hair like you would for a ponytail, braid the tail and wrap it around (like you would a classic bun). Secure ends with bobby pins and to add texture, pull out a few loose ends.
10. Thick Headbands – A solid or patterned headband is no longer just for the gym. Headbands are a great way to add style to your outfit instead of putting your hair up in a ponytail or just wearing it down.
For more great tips and tricks on hair care and to find out about new products, sign up for our newsletter today!