Heat and humidity takes its toll on every hair type which is why we have compiled our top tips for keeping your hair as healthy and moisturized as possible this summer:
- Consider a keratin treatment to smooth hair. Summer should not be a time for excessive heating tools and styling products. Instead, summer should be carefree styling and low maintenance. To combat frizz and unwanted volume, a keratin treatment is a great alternative to using a flat iron daily to achieve sleek, sexy smooth hair.
- Use frizz control Products. While your winter hair care regimen most likely was based on moisturizing products, summer should be about beating frizz and humidity. Using a styling cream that blocks humidity and controls frizz will do wonders in keeping your hair picture perfect from morning until night. We recommend Crack Smoothing Treatment to block humidity, smooth hair, and add much needed nutrients to your hair.
- Cover your hair. Accessories are a great way to keep your summer style chic and fresh while they are also a great way to protect your hair from color-fading UVA/UVB rays. Head scarves and hats are a great way to block your hair (and skin) from the effects of the sun.
- Wash your hair less often. Summer is a time for low maintenace hairstyles and haircare…take advantage of carefree styling by washing your hair less frequently. By exposing your hair less to hot water water, you hair is less likely to become striped of its natural oils and moisture levels. In between washes, a dry shampoo is an excellent way to cleanse without exposing hair to damaging hot water.
- Prevent your scalp from sunburns. Your face and body are not the only areas to protect against sunburns, actually your scalp is an area that is desperately in need of sun protection. Using hair care products that have sunscreen is a great way to keep your scalp from burning. And remember, just like with sunscreen for the face/body to make it the most effective, you must apply every few hours.